Salt Dough Handprints
James and his family had a great idea they wanted to share with everyone! They made their very own salt dough cast of their family’s handprints. Why don’t you try it!
Ingredients: 500g of plain flour, 250g of salt, 250ml of water (add slightly more water if necessary)
- Mix the flour and salt then add the water
- Mix into a dough
- Roll out on to a flat surface into the desired shape about 1 to 1.5cm thick (remember to sprinkle some flour down to prevent sticking)
- Place on a baking tray
- Make hand imprints (as deep/clear as possible)
- Place in the oven on the lowest heat possible and bake for three to four hours or until completely solid top and bottom. (Alternatively, you can leave to air dry for a couple of days in a cool dry place - this is the best option if you only have self-raising flour)
- Paint with your choice of paints/colours
- Seal with any kind of varnish or sealer to preserve it. Varnish or PVA and water mix will work.