REMEMBER THE DEADLINE FOR THE RESULTS TO GET TO MRS BARNES IS WEDNESDAY 21ST OCTOBER!
Berkshire Virtual School Game - Autumn Series Event 2
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOUR CHILD HAS A CLUB ON A MONDAY OR A THURSDAY BUT DOES NOT HAVE PE, THEY WILL NEED TO WEAR THEIR PE KIT TO SCHOOL ON THE DAY OF THE CLUB.
There will be Girl's Football Club for the Year 5 and 6 Bubble on a Monday after school until 4:15pm
There will be Netball Club for the Year 5 and 6 Bubble on a Thursday after school until 4:15pm
There will be Boy's Football Club for the Year 5 and 6 Bubble on a Thursday after school until 4:15pm
PLEASE COLLECT YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER AT THE FRONT GATE AT 4:15 PROMPTLY. MANY THANKS MRS BARNES
IMPORTANT NOTES TO CHILDREN AND
PARENTS SEPTEMBER 2020 :
Welcome back to September 2020, please look on your Class pages to find a summary of the activities your children will be following throughout the year in their PE lessons.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO PARENTS :
Don’t forget to send your work, pictures and videos for the attention of Mrs Barnes via the school office or via your class email :
CHALLENGES OF THE WEEK
- How many Star Jumps can you do in a minute? Can you beat your personal best? Can you beat anybody else in your household?
- How many Tuck Jumps can you do in a minute? Can you beat your personal best? Can you beat anybody else in your household?
- How many steps can you jog in a minute? Can you beat your personal best? Can you beat anybody else in your household?
- How many knees up can you do in a minute? Can you beat your personal best? Can you beat anybody else in your household?
- How many times can you walk around a room or the garden in your house before you start to get out of breath? Count them and then after 5 minutes rest, see if you can improve on the amount of times you can walk around the room or the garden!
- Can you do the 2.6 challenge (do your favourite physical activity for 2 minutes and 6 seconds, run up and down the stairs for 26 secs, or do some form of physical activity for 26 minutes), you can post your ideas on your class pages!! Let's see some creativity!
- Can you make up a video of you doing the Tik-Tok challenge? Can you teach it to the other members in your family?
- As it was VE day last week, can you do 7.5 or 75 in seconds, minutes or hours of exercise? Be creative or use Joe Wicks exercise on you tube if you want some ideas or see some of the pages on Home Learning and choose one of them.
- Can you make up your own workout and teach it to a member of your family?
For example, 10 star jumps, 10 shuttle runs, 10 heel kicks, 10 sit ups and 10 burpees and repeat 3 times with a minute in between each set that you do.
Can you go on You tube and search for Zamma Fit and complete some of the 30 night Challenges during Ramadan?
Some websites to work on from home...................
- Magpies in the community UTube
- Joe Wicks on You tube every day this week from 9am
- 5 a day fitness tv ( this can be accessed via You tube) Children can access this at school but not from home at this present time.
- fitterfuture.com - exercises that can be done in a relatively small space but also children can log in, certificates will be given out to all home users.... ( each child has their own log in, in their home books).
- Cricket for Girls weekly challenges - (Week 1 - Flat Catching).
- Chance to Shine website will have ideas and resources for Cricket too.
- BBC teach - loads of ideas in most subjects.
- #PLPrimaryStars - Premier League Primary Stars - a website with activities for ages 5-11 in English, Maths, Health and Well Being and Physical Activity.
- Real PE - the website address is home.jasmineactive.com - parent email - email@example.com Password - riversidep
- This includes a programme for children in Early Years and KS1 and KS2, there are over 250 activities and challenges that could be great for family play and fun, just give it a go
Some photos from this mornings' football
Year 5 and 6 Girls Football Tournament led by Maidenhead Magpies at Furze Platt Senior School
Wow what a morning we had this morning, it ranged from snowing to sunshine in the space of minutes repeatedly but that did not deter our Resilient Riverside girls, they had an amazing run of games at the tournament, there were 12 teams there and Riverside were definitely in the running for the majority of the morning......
Our results were as follows
St Marys 2 V Riverside 0-2 (a win for us)
Oldfield V Riverside 0-2 (a win for us)
Wessex V Riverside 0-1 (a win for us)
Riverside V Holyport 2 3-0 (a win for us)
Riverside V Lowbrook 0-1 ( a loss for us)
We managed to get through to the semi finals and it was against Holyport 1 and they managed to beat us by 1 goal, the final score was Riverside 0 Holyport 1 and that made us joint third with Lowbrook Academy and that meant we could walk our way back to Riverside with our heads held high and with a medal for our efforts.
The girls were amazing and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mrs Dirkin for her ongoing commitment to the girls football team as her consistent coaching has obviously prepared the girls for some great football and confidence with their team mates. Thank you to Mrs Atkins for helping get the girls back to school safely!
Well done to Ezzah ( aka the Bullet ), Charlotte, Umayymah, Faith H, Maryam, Diya, Sana, Elif, Sara and Reina, you girls were amazing today and I was very proud of each and everyone of you. I hope you enjoy the photos as I think they speak for themselves as to what kind of a morning the girls had.......
Wow wow wow wow wow, I couldn't be more proud of our Riverside School Netball team today!
It was their last match of the season and it was definitely their best in the worst of weather conditions proving yet again how resilient our children are, they were amazing and on fire and they threw the ball fast and furiously to each other from one end of the court to the other. We played against White Waltham Primary School and we were leading 3-0 in the first quarter, 5-1 at half time, 7-1 in the third quarter and at full time we won scoring 9 goals to 1. Not only have they made me proud but they really have got into the habit of being a proper team and working so well together.
Well done to Haleema for being Player of the match and also being a good captain!
Well done to the great defending duo of Amaan and Safia!!!
Fahtima, Ezzah and Vaania all worked hard and fast at getting the ball up to the attacking end and Haleema, Hafsah and Diya worked hard at getting the goals in!!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank staff members and parents who have helped with lifts to and from matches and with their words of encouragement and support, it truly has been a special season, I just hope that the Year 4's and 5's learn at the same rate as this team has which will make a promising start to next years Riverside Netball team.........
Year 3 and 4 Mixed Football Competition at Altwood Secondary School
Well done to Year 3 and 4 in the competition today, we had four matches in a tough draw
Riverside v Furze Platt - 0-4 Loss
Oldfield v Riverside 3-0 Loss
Holyport v Riverside 2-0 Loss
Braywick Court v Riverside 4-0 Loss
We improved throughout the afternoon and myself and Mrs Rodrigues were extremely pleased with the conduct and enthusiasm of our children. The third game was our best game that we played this afternoon and all the children worked hard to get the ball up to the attacking end. The teams that got through to the semi finals were Oldfield and Braywick Court so as you can see we had some tough opposition but yet again the resilience of our children shone through yet again.... Oscar and Sara had some tough work to do this afternoon but they saved a lot of goal attempts so well done!
Well done to Reina, Nicola, Sara, Oscar, Nor Aldeen, Enes, Freddy, Joel, Kayden and Tak.
Many thanks to Reina and Tak's mummy who gave our children a snack as a treat and thank you to Mrs Rodrigues and Mrs Brockwell for getting us to the competition!!