Welcome to Maple Class!
On this page I aim to keep children and families up to date with what we have been and will be learning about. Please do let me know if there is anything else that you would like to see here! Here are some dates and reminders:
- Monday 27th June - photo day (summer uniform)
- PE days - Tuesday’s and Friday’s
- Children need a named water bottle and Riverside bookbag in school every day
- We send home a weekly email with updates and ideas on how you can help your child at home, see below for this week's update and pictures!
This week we’ve enjoyed sports week, with Games day taking place on Wednesday. We had such a fantastic day and it was a pleasure to have you all in for a family picnic and the afternoon races! The children all gave wonderful feedback and we were so proud of their sportsmanship!
This week we have been reading A little bit brave by Nicola Kinnear. Please see below for this week’s vocabulary:
Word 1: daring (dared)
Word 2: stomped (stomp, stomps, stomping)
Word 3: adventure
Word 4: scurrying (scurry, scurried)
Word 5: proud (proudly)
Word 6: familiar
Word 7: whimpered (whimpering
Word 8: gobbled (gobble)
We will no longer be sending out separate RWI emails as we would like you to focus on sentence writing in preparation for Year 1. If you would like another demo of how to ‘hold a sentence’ please let your teacher know. Here is a reminder of the national expectation for writing in Reception:
- Write recognisable letters, most of which are correctly formed.
- Spell words by identifying sounds in them and representing the sounds with a letter or letters.
- Write simple phrases and sentences that can be read by others.
We have been learning about the concept of time. We have been ordering our visual timetable and talking about morning/afternoon activities as a prerequisite to telling the time. Over the weekend you could get your child to draw pictures of the activities they have done the day before and then ask them or order them. It’s important you do this with activities the children have already completed such as going to the shop, playing in the park or eating lunch so that they your child is recalling from memory.
Lastly Monday 27th is school picture day - children will need to be in their full summer uniform i.e summer dress/shorts, tie and jumper/cardigan.
We hope you have a lovely weekend!
Miss Evmorfopoulos, Mrs Austin and Miss Stevens