Welcome to Maple Class!
On this page I aim to keep children and families up to date with what we have been and will be learning about. Please do let me know if there is anything else that you would like to see here!
- Please ensure your child has a Riverside bookbag at school
- Their Ready to Read bag should be inside their book bags everyday
- Please make sure your child does not bring in any toys from home
- Keep your library books inside your book bag every day
- We kindly request a box of tissues and £5 fund for resources each big term, this is to buy ingredients to make natural playdough, cooking activities and experiences. We also ask for a box of tissues!
class email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transition information 23-24
W E E K L Y U P D A T E
We have had another great term filled with play and learning! The children have been assessed in phonics and are so proud of their progress. Please keep watching and recap the phonics videos and maths activities we have sent out in our weekly emails this term. We have been learning how to write sentences with a capital letter, finger spaces and a full stop at the end. Please practice writing simple sentences with your child at home over half term. We have noticed a huge improvement in their recall for number bonds in the past week and are so proud of them! Moving forward next term we'll be moving our focus to doubling and halving.
This week we celebrated Chinese new year, please see the pictures below! We also had a visit from a policeman who read us his story ‘PC Ben’. He spoke about his role as a policeman and the children had the opportunity to ask questions.
This week’s book was Alien’s Love Underpants by Claire Freedman. Please see below the vocabulary for the story:
Tier Two words:
Word 1: breeze (breezy)
Word 2: invited (invites, invite, inviting)
Word 3: delighted (delight)
Word 4: daring
Word 5: squeeze (squeezed, squeezing)
Word 6: blame (blamed)
Word 7: zoom (zooms, zoomed)
Word 8: lurks (lurk, lurking, lurked)
Thank you for all of your hard work and support at home, we can see how hard you have been working.
Have a lovely break!
Miss Evmorfopoulos, Mrs Coulthard, Miss Mullins and Mrs Lines :)